After my writing session tonight I felt like I had a few words left in the tank so I wanted to blog. I believe the hardest thing about leaving the classroom for this writing and photography lifestyle is that I never realized how much I could control in my life. In one year, since I realize that I really wasn’t going back to the classroom I have expanded my business, acquired a job teaching photography at the local college and published two books…all while working to keep the lights on and the phone activated.
The few things I learned are:
- Times moves slow when you are looking at the clock but moves fast when you look at a calendar.
- When moving into a new lifestyle you have to be fully committed and all in or your new venture is just a hobby.
- Not everyone will follow your dream, including the ones that say they love you the most.
- The entrepreneurial lifestyle can be lonely, very lonely at the beginning.
- One person and their talent can open up a new world of possibilities.
- Lifestyle goals are important.
- Exercise is a lifestyle.
- Eating right is a lifestyle.
- I’m not 20 anymore and I can’t go all night, I need rest.
- I am very dedicated to making my ventures successful.
That is all for the night.